Basics of Beauty 2020
6 MONTH FULL TIME COURSE
Duration: 6 Months
SAQA Qualification Name: FET Certificate (NQF Level 4) – Beauty and Nail Technology
SAQA Qualification ID: 80646
The primary purpose of the qualification is to develop the foundational, practical and reflexive competencies required for a career in the beauty profession. Central to the Qualification is the development of a culture of professionalism and service excellence in the Beauty and Cosmetology industry.
The Further Education and Training Certificate: Beauty and Nail Technology is to develop the self-directed skills and knowledge of those employed in the beauty industry as nail technologists, beautician or make-up artists. It is designed for people who wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of the industry and those wishing to follow a career in beauty industry. The qualification is aimed at developing the necessary task skills, task management skills and job/role management skills of those working or intending to work in the beauty industry. The learners will be able to integrate the generic salon requisite skills, knowledge, values and attitudes with those specific to the beauty industry, ensuring the business in which they operate runs smoothly and offers excellent customer service according to industry standards.
This qualification is awarded to people who have demonstrated the relevant skills and knowledge required to perform a range of beauty services at a basic level within the salon environment. It will lead to entrepreneurial opportunities for learners already operating or joining this profession and enhance the self-image of each individual learner as he/she becomes more professional. Holders of this qualification are able to conduct the prescribed beauty service in a professional manner and maintain service excellence in all their operations.
Furthermore, it will also assist in job creation within the Beauty and Cosmetology Industry as a whole and can lead to entrepreneurial opportunities for learners. It will also assist in enhancing of the self-image of each individual learner. An improved self-image leads to a more positive outlook and performance within the job market and society. In addition, this qualification provides a framework for learners to develop competencies that will enable them to become competent in the Beauty and Nail Technology industry. It introduces some theoretical concepts, requires the application of a base of knowledge and requires a well-developed range of skills that will enable learners to be informed workers in the beauty industry.
Learners working towards this qualification will find that the acquisition of competence in the unit standards, which make up the Qualification, will add value to their job performance.
Unit Standards Covered:
- Perform make-up services for all occasions
- Apply fibre/silk nail technology
- Apply gel nail enhancement
- Apply liquid and powder nail enhancement
- Perform a facial and back cleanse service
- Perform a specialised manicure and pedicure using various techniques
- Perform a relaxing back and neck massage
- Perform eye lash tint and eyebrow tinting and shaping
- Identify disorders of the skin and hair
- Perform a manicure and pedicure service
- Perform temporary hair removal by means of waxing and bleaching
- Apply innovative thinking to the development of a small business
- Manage finances of a new venture
- Plan strategically to improve new venture performance
- Market retail products and services in the salon environment
- Provide reception and administrative services
- Apply occupational health and safety standards in a salon environment
- Produce business plans for a new venture
- Supervise the functions of a hairdressing salon
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Set up a salon business.
- Coordinate and perform a salon service.
- Perform beauty services.
- Perform nail services.
Opportunities for Employment
- Start own business
- Make-up Artist
- Nail Technician
- Beauty Technician
- Spa Therapist
- Prerequisite : Grade 11
- Start Date: 20 February 2020
- Duration: 6 Months
- Learner guides
Course Amount: R28 000.00 Registration and Deposit – R15 000.00
Student Loans & flexible payment options are available: Call/WhatsApp – 0737715157.