It is the aim of our Institute to apply for the various Learnerships that are available in the future. It is further understood that the Institute will employ an experienced Project Manager to project manage the entire process. Special care will be taken with learners on a Learnership due to the tax and possible grant implication.
Management of Learnership Contracts and Implementation of Theory and Workplace Provision (Recruitment and Placement)
- The Institute will contact the SETA/AQP and arrange for the collection/postage of the SETA Learnership contracts.
- Adverts will be placed in the local newspapers and learners will be given the opportunity to apply to come onto the various Learnerships that the Institute may enter.
- A thorough selection process will be followed, considering the learners’ ability to meet the fundamental unit standard requirements.
- Once the learners have been successful in their application, they may find a work place whereby they can complete all their workplace practical’s, to implement the practical component of the Qualification or our Institute will source a workplace host employer.
- Once a suitable host employer is sourced, a Institute representative will be invited to attend an induction process whereby they will be informed of all the learning interventions that the learner will be embarking on.
- Business Mentors will be allocated to each learner and these Mentors will complete a Mentorship induction process whereby they will be exposed to all the Modules that the learners will complete. Their role will be identified, and learner logbooks will be explained to the business mentors.
Management of Learner Stipends, Application for Tranches and Progress Reports
- The administrator of the Institute will manage all the learner stipends.
- These stipends will be received into the Institute’s bank account and will then be electronically transferred to the learners by the last day of each month.
- The administrator will be responsible for submitting monthly progress reports on the Learnerships and will ensure that all application for tranches are completed.
Management of Roles, Responsibilities and Resources in Learnerships
- All role players will be invited to attend a Pre Learnership-Training Committee roll out workshop whereby the Internal Moderator or Project Manager will go through the roles and responsibilities of each member. The Training Committee will consist of the following:
- Learnership Administrator
- Project Manager
- Workplace Representative
- Learner Representative
- Each member will be allocated their responsibilities and inform the Learnership Administrator what resources they require to implement their role successfully.
Reporting, Roll-Out and Learner Support
- The Learnership Administrator will upload all learner enrolment information to the QAP prior to training starting.
- The Learnership Administrator will provide the facilitator with a daily attendance register which will be signed by all learners and returned to the Administrator to be captured and filed
- The Learnership Administrator is responsible for all the printing of learner manuals and will provide the Facilitator with this on the day of training
- The Facilitator will provide the Learnership Administrator with quarterly Facilitator Feedback Reports on Learners
- The Assessor will provide the Learnership Administrator with quarterly Assessor Feedback Reports on Learners
- The Moderator will provide the Learnership Administrator with quarterly Moderator Feedback Report on Learners
- The Project Manager will provide a Project Report to the Director every quarter based on feedback received from the Learnership Administrator, Assessor and Moderator.
- Based on these reports, the Project Manager may have a one to one with any learners that seem to be struggling with any of their assignments (theory or practical). In the case where the learner may struggle with workplace assignments, the Project Manager will have a meeting with the workplace representative and ensure that the learner is assisted adequately for the learner to be deemed competent in all the modules.
Monitoring and Reporting to the SETA, QAP and Employer on Learner Progress
- The Project Manager will be monitoring the Learnership based on the above steps and feedback from the Training Committee.
- The Project Manager will be sending Project Reports and Internal Moderators Reports to the QAP as required.
Management of Roles, Responsibilities and Resources in Learnerships Process Flow
Reporting, Roll-Out and Learner Support Process Flow
In order to assess the learners experience at the end of a Qualification / Learnership – our Institute will ensure that all learners are requested to complete the Learner Evaluation Form on Learnerships. This will be filed with the completed Qualification/Learnership file as part of the Project Closure Report. (Refer to Form 2).